Phase II -- Restoring our treasured paintings
Parishioners helped in constructing the scaffolding
David Marquis working on the painting of St. Stephen
Sacred Heart of Jesus St. John the Baptist
(choir loft area)
St. Andrew St. Cecilia
(above the altar)
St. Matthew St. Luke
St. Stephen, our patron saint
St. John St. Mark
St. Stephen Church Restores Art Work/Preserves a Piece of History
Written by Anonymous Contributor
The mission of St. Stephen Catholic Parish is to nourish our love of God through Jesus Christ under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Centered in the Eucharist, we are developing a faith community through prayer, worship, education, and Christian fellowship.
As stewards of God's love, we strive to share our gifts and talents for the service of God and God's people.
Our goals are as follows:
1. To bring about all Catholics such enthusiasm for their faith that, in having their faith in Jesus, they will participate at Sunday Mass weekly and freely share their faith with others.
2. To encourage all Catholics to grow in faith by prayers, spiritual reading, and participation in the educational programs of the parish for students and adults.
3. To foster Gospel values in our society, promoting the dignity of the human person, in importance of the family, and the common good of our society, so that our parish may continue to be transformed by the saving power of Jesus Christ.
4. To invite all people in our community, whatever their social or cultural background, to hear the message of salvation in Jesus Christ, so they may come to join us in the fullness of the Catholic Faith.
CONFIRMATION DATE: March 16th at 2 pm, St. Francis Xavier in Sartell. Bishop Kettler, presider.
Class schedules will change due to the early Confirmation schedule. Please watch for upcoming notices and announcements in the Steeple and/or Bulletin, as well as this website and letters from your Grade 10 teacher, Mr. Woods.
The following changes will be made to the schedule for the following grades and dates:
* November 16 Growing Together in Faith Learning Centers for Grade 10 has been changed to December 7th and December 8th.
****Please call Shari to sign up for December 7th at 8 am or 12 noon. There are four family spaces for 8 am and three family spaces for 12 noon. December 8th is filled.
* December 15th at 8 am will be Grade 5 Children's Mass. Students and parents will be seated together in the left front pews facing the altar (reserve signs should be placed on the pews). Students should be at the church annex by 7:45 am.
* January 1st is a Holy Day--Mary, Mother of God -- 9 am Mass This is a Children's Mass since it is on Wednesday. Please be there, reserved seating for students.
CONFIRMATION STUDENTS MEET EVERY WEEK STARTING JANUARY 8TH UNTIL MARCH 19TH.
MARCH 30TH IS NET MINISTRIES FOR GRADES 9 AND 10.
* February 15th 1st Reconciliation for Grade 2 with reception after 9 am Sacramental Mass.
* All Grade 10 materials and assignments are due March 1st.
* March 5, Ash Wednesday, Children's Mass at 7 pm. Meet in your assigned classrooms at 6:30 pm.
* Grade 2 Learning Centers on March 15th -- schedule to be announced later Feb. or March 1st.
* NET Ministries scheduled for March 30th for both 9th and 10th grade students. Required attendance. Please mark arrangements as soon as possible with your employer and family.
Please make appropriate changes on your calendars
"Forgiveness comes from an open heart, and it comes with no conditions or it does not come at all."
Today's Saint: Daily Saints Located Here. The American Catholic website features the following: Catholic News, Seasonal info, Saints' info, Special Reports, Movies, Social Media, Shopping, Books, Living and Updating Your Faith and much more. Click on Today's Saint.
Homily of the Day: Temporarily broken
The Bishops Speak: St. Cloud Diocese Website
Words of Encouragement: Great Inspirations for Your Faith. Catholic Exchange features the following: Mass Readings, Liturgy of the Hours, Words of Encouragement, Pope Francis's Day, Quote of the Day, Homily of the Day, Saint of the Day, and much more. Just click on Words of Encouragement and select what you would topic you would like to view.
Choir Page: Check out the people who sing in the choir loft every Sunday. Also see when we are singing next...
Church Bulletin: Read Sunday's Bulletin. We keep this week's and last week's bulletin online only...
Contact Us: Email or phone us here...
The Importance of Singing During the Mass: Click here to read why we as Catholics ought to be singing during the Mass...
Mass Schedule: Click here for our Mass and devotional schedule...
Sacraments: For more information about administration of the Sacraments...
St. Stephen's History: Check out the history of this little brown church of the woods known as St. Stephen...
Staff at the Church of St. Stephen: These people are here to serve you whenever you need us...
Mass Times U.S.A.: Mass, Confession, Adoration Schedules by City, ZIP
Catholic Library: Bible, Catechism, and other Resources for Your Faith
Movie Reviews: Movie and Family Video Reviews by the U.S. Bishops
-- October Baby--Excellent!
-- Pope John Paul II--from his youth in Poland through his late days on the Chair of St. Peter. Excellent!
-- Believe in Me
-- Soul Surfer
-- Entertaining Angels--Dorothy Day Story
-- Father of Mercy -- Story of Venerable Don Carlo Gnocchi
-- The Reluctant Saint -- Story of St. Joseph of Cupertino "The Flying Friar"
-- The Scarlet and the Black -- Story of Monsignor Hugh O'Flaherty during WWII German occupation of Rome
-- For Greater Glory -- 1920's story of CristeroWas. Rated R!
-- Padre Pio: Miracle Man -- Excellent!
These are just a few of several wonderful, informative, and entertaining DVDs or VHS tapes that we have in our library. We also have Disney and children's movies that still entertain the entire family to this day.
"Love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another" -- John 13:34.
Special Community Prayer time in the Church
Wednesdays at 7 pm
(unless otherwise indicated in the Bulletin or Steeple or through Mass Announcements)
1. The Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary is celebrated during Advent.
2. Christmas is the celebration of _________.
d. the birth of Christ
3. In the season of Advent, Christmas Season begins __________.
4. In the Catholic tradition, the Christmas Season begins _____________.
a. on Christmas Eve
b. after St. Nicholas drops off the gifts
c. 40 days after Ash Wednesday
d. the day after Thanksgiving
5. The liturgical color for Advent is ______________.
The Vatican: The Official Site of the Catholic Church
St. Cloud Diocese: This is the diocese in which we are located
The Holy Rosary: All the most important and relevant information pertaining to the Holy Rosary is here. It includes how to pray the Rosary, the mysteries, and Papal documents on the subject. A must see site for all Catholics.
Church of Saint Stephen
103 Central Ave S.
Saint Stephen, MN 56375